Shop Safely, Shop Securely
This Christmas season as you frequent the stores and websites for those just "gotta have" gifts it is important to remember security. Not only is it important to be mindful of your physical security at stores, you also need to watch your digital security when shopping online.
Protect your debit card
- Use your hand to guard the number as you swipe or insert into the card reader especially when using EMV readers where your card sticks out exposing most of the card number
- Keep your receipts and shred them if you don't want them
- When shopping online be sure you are at a credible site and the site is encrypted. Look for the https and the lock symbol in the address bar
- Download the SHAZAM BOLT$ app today and monitor your debit card activity
- Reconcile your account often
There is nothing you can do about data breaches, but you can do your part to help protect your account information from being stolen.